Saturday, December 25, 2010

Flu With Itchy Hands And Feet

Have yourself a merry little Christmas

"Christmas is not a time nor a season, But A State Of Mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to Have the real spirit of Christmas." - Calvin Coolidge


First of all, Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all! Christmas for me this year was a little 'different than usual and I would like to thank all my family and my friends that made it so special. Was not different in form but in substance. This festival should be celebrated especially in the heart, and it is there that this year something has changed for me.
Today, all the resolutions to be better people always come in December, when you start to feel the air of all parties and rush to buy gifts for their loved ones. Now Christmas has become a celebration of consumerism, too many insignificant gifts or unintelligent, but the true values \u200b\u200bvery little has to do with all this, and especially not serve to remind us of Christmas, we should have them in mind. Of course I until recently I had a different vision of this holiday, but the experience of being a future exchange student has also changed this small but intensely great. In fact, the substance does not derive happiness from receiving gifts, no matter how expensive or sophisticated, but by recognizing and appreciating what we have . It's always nice to open a package under the tree, but the real joy of this is to have his family gathered around him. But this is also a fortune, many people take for granted and sometimes do not are not too happy but thinking of all the people who are alone or less fortunate, we should be most grateful. Spending the holidays with relatives has always been a tradition at my house, and this year was really nice to have for dinner one my friend and her mother who would not otherwise have celebrated. It must be really sad not have a reason to celebrate Christmas, and invite them to share our happiness with them was rewarding for all. Can Offir a smile and a moment of joy to those who are having a really dark period satisfies and helps to realize the inestimable value of unconditional affection those around us. So if you want to make a gift at Christmas it is best to make it a thought, useful, and above all would be only right to do it with affection. That in my gifts has never been absent, but perhaps their materiality hid, so this year I decided to do a thought that love was the main ingredient, and above all the more remarkable. After days, I admit it, work hard in the kitchen, I was able to churn out about 300 biscuits for distribution to my friends. Besides the personal satisfaction for the success as a pastry novice, what was most rewarding of all was seeing everyone happy, grateful and full of gratitude. I think the happiest, however, was me, because I understand that, quoting Albert Pine, "what we do for ourselves dies with us, but what we do for others and the world remains immortal." Scale Up ; overall we can do little individually, but we can put so much love turning even the small things in big action love that little by little will change the world.

I did some small things, pleasant and helpful, and I understand the importance of Christmas and especially sacrifice and do everything we can and that does not cost us nothing - and that is why we often forget to do - for others it is a a key to happiness. That is my Christmas was special. The fact of not knowing if next year I'll celebrate it made me appreciate more. Now I realize that until recently gave way too many things for granted, every day more and more fond of me all that I have to leave overseas and hope to find a welcoming host family. I love traveling, discovering new places and new cultures but I think I begin to understand that the place where it is more fun to stay home. So I hope we all future exchange students can really find a second home and a second family we can fill all the love possible.
This still hope you all merry Christmas and happy holidays.

Love,
Michael

0 comments:

Post a Comment